Stampin' Up! Backgrounder
- Stampin' Up!, a 23-year-old, multimillion-dollar, direct-sales company, offers an exclusive line of decorative rubber stamp sets and accessories for home décor, greeting cards, craft projects and scrapbooking.
- Based in Utah, Stampin' Up! operates two state-of-the-art facilities including a 300,000-square-foot home office in Riverton, Utah, a southern suburb of Salt Lake City, and an 80,000-square foot manufacturing plant in Kanab, Utah.
- Stampin' Up! introduces more than 100 new stamp sets and accessories annually in its full-color US catalog, and now offers products in the Pacific Rim, Europe, and Canada.
- Its products are not sold in stores, but may be purchased at home workshops or through a network of independent sales consultants called Stampin' Up! "demonstrators." Currently, more than 45,000 demonstrators from all 50 US states, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Canada teach the art of stamping and share their enthusiasm for stamping, scrapbooking, and card making.
- States with the highest number of Stampin' Up! demonstrators include Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
- Stampin' Up!'s line of exclusive decorative rubber stamps are sold in coordinating sets.
- Stampin' Up! accessories including papers, stamp pads, ribbons, metal embellishments, and markers are offered in coordinating color families.
- From 2000 through 2005, the Utah 100 Group listed the company as one of Utah's fastest growing companies.
- Shelli Gardner, Stampin' Up!'s CEO and cofounder, received the prestigious Utah Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 1999 and was listed as one of Utah's 100 Most Influential People by Utah Business Magazine in 2004, and one of 30 Women to Watch in 2008.
- Stampin' Up! is a major employer in Kane County, Utah, where both its manufacturing plants are located.
Home Office: 12907 South 3600 West, Riverton, Utah 84065
Phone: 1-800-STAMP UP (782-6787)
Manufacturing Facility: 1400 South 100 West, Kanab, UT 84741
- Shelli Gardner, Cofounder and Chief Executive Officer
- Rich Jutkins, President
- Scott Nielsen, Chief Financial Officer
- Julie Gandy, Human Resources Vice President
Stampin' Up!'s exclusive product lines are packaged in coordinated stamp sets and may be purchased from independent sales consultants called demonstrators. Stampin' Up! offers business opportunities to people interested in becoming demonstrators. Whether you'd like to earn money to pay for your stamping supplies, create a full- or part-time career, or simply get a discount on your stamping supplies, Stampin' Up! will help you do it.
- Shelli Gardner and her sister begin selling stamps in Las Vegas.
- The sisters move the business to Boulder City, Nevada.
- The company begins manufacturing a number of stamp sets available only from Stampin' Up!
- Stampin' Up! relocates to Kanab, Utah, where today it serves as a major employer in the rural community.
- Stampin' Up! opens its corporate office in Salt Lake City.
- The Stampin' Up! stamp line becomes exclusive--meaning all stamp sets carried in the catalog are designed and manufactured by Stampin' Up!
- Shelli assumes chair of the board along with CEO duties.
- Shelli receives the Utah Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year® Award.
- Stampin' Up! is ranked 17th in Utah's Top 25 Revenue Growth Companies and 32nd in Utah's 100 Fastest Growing Companies named by MountainWest Venture Group.
- Stampin' Up! ranked 15th in Utah's Top 15 Revenue Growth Companies and 56th in Utah's 100 Fastest Growing Companies by MountainWest Venture Group.
- Stampin' Up! Canada opens for business.
- Stampin' Up! receives the Work/Life Award as one of Utah's Top 10 Family-Friendly companies.
- Stampin' Up! celebrates its 15th year in business and breaks ground on a new 300,000-square-foot campus. Stampin' Up! announces a national sponsorship with Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Stampin' Up! receives the Manufacturer of the Year/Rural Development Award by The Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP).
- Stampin' Up! is recognized as one of Utah's top 10 Family-Friendly companies with the Work/Life Award.
- Stampin' Up! ranks 12th in Utah's Top 15 Revenue Growth Companies and 80th in Utah's 100 Fastest Growing Companies by MountainWest Venture Group.
- Stampin' Up! is honored with the Education for Life Award by the Direct Selling Association (DSA).
- Stampin' Up! receives the prestigious Best of State Statue (BOSS) for Manufacturing in the state of Utah. Stampin' Up! is also honored with Best of State medals in the following subcategories: Employer (Community Development), Large Business (Community Development), and Rubber/Plastic Products (Manufacturing).
- Stampin' Up! is ranked 11th in Utah's Top 15 Revenue Growth Companies 92nd in Utah's 100 Fastest Growing Companies by MountainWest Venture Group.
- Stampin' Up! contributes nearly $83,000 to the Huntsman Cancer Institute for breast cancer research.
- Stampin' Up! moves to its 300,000-square-foot home office in Riverton, Utah.
- Stampin' Up! donates more than $575,000 to Save the Children for tsunami relief in Asia.
- Stampin' Up! receives Utah's prestigious Best of State Statue (BOSS) for Manufacturing. The company is also awarded the Best of State Medal in the Manufacturing subcategory, Rubber/Plastic Products.
- Stampin' Up! breaks ground on a second manufacturing facility in Kanab.
- Stampin' Up! opens for business in Australia.
- Stampin' Up! receives Utah's prestigious Best of State Medal in Manufacturing: Rubber/Plastic Products; Business Services/Customer Call Center; Community Development: Priviate Big Business.
- Stampin' Up! donates over $70,000 for the fight against heart disease to the American Heart Association and the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.
- Stampin' Up! opens for business in New Zealand.
- Shelli Gardner named one of Utah's Top Women Entrepreneurs.
- Stampin' Up! opens for business in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
- Stampin' Up! donates 85 double-occupancy, cruise cabins worth more than $300,000 to the Utah National Guard.
- Stampin' Up! sponsors its first Canada-only philanthropic campaign to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters Canada.
- Stampin' Up! begins manufacturing Décor Elements, a self-adhesive vinyl art that provides a unique decorating experience for walls, mirrors, windows and other smooth surfaces.
- Stampin' Up! expands its United States market to include a Hispanic product offering.
- Stampin' Up! celebrates its 20th Anniversary.
- Scrapbooks, etc. magazine recognizes Stampin' Up!'s as a winner in their Readers' Choice Awards in the category of stamps.